Listen Linda, this the last time I’m saying Happy New Year.
*sings in my Trey Songz voice* This is the last time … now I’m all caught up & it’s time to … write this post. LOL
Okay? Almost remixed the whole damn song just now. Let me stop playing around before you click that exit button and move on to something else. LOL But seriously, Linda, won’t be no more Happy New Year on Wednesday when my next blog post (about easy breakfasts moms can make in less than 10 mins for themselves so they don’t skip the “most important meal of the day”) publishes. I ain’t saying it again because it’s the second week of the year and by golly, it’s played out. Lol (FYI: If you need that breakfast ideas post, and you’re not already subscribed to my email list, you should do that now so you don’t miss out. Click here to subscribe.)
Anywho, how about we talk about what you actually came here for! My word of the year and the list of words you can choose your own word of the year from. So without further ado, my word:
Yeah that’s right, I chose two words, bite me!
But in all honesty, I wasn’t tryna be a badass by picking two words for my “word of the year”, I just love what the phrase “girl boss” stands for. To me, a “girl boss” is someone who has her sh*t to-get-ther! Like all the way together. I’m talking about hair did, nails did, everything did; blazer, sarcastic graphic tee, skinny jeans and ankle boots with a heel (she’s most comfortable in); hot coffee in hand; with her to-do list written out in a cute planner already half done … that kind of together! And that’s exactly who I wanna be this year!
Last year, I got fired from my job for no reason what so ever, and ever since I haven’t been able to get a new one. A few weeks ago, I went on a great interview for an amazing school that I was sure I’d get because I had everything they needed. But I didn’t get the job, and I have to admit it’s shaken me a bit. It sucks being in a toxic “home” environment and not being able to secure a job that would allow you and your child to move. It’s even worse to get excited about a prospective job offer, go in confidently (when you’re so used to being nervous) kill, and still not get the job. But I’m determined not to give up. This year, I’m gon’ get my sh*t together, and I’m gonna be the baddest girl boss you’ve ever seen!
You know what would make me feel more like a girl boss?
- Moving out of this hell hole into my own apartment
- Finally learning how to drive and getting a car (preferably a red Nissan Juke)
- Cooking dinner for my daughter at least 3x a week instead of ordering in
- Having enough money to do rawther fancy things on the weekend with my daughter (we’ve been watching Me, Eloise on Hulu a lot lately, hence my use of rawther, lol … she’s pretty much hooked on Eloise at the Plaza now, but it’s okay because I like her too)
- Spending the night at a luxurious hotel by myself for a little me time
- Spending a week at the Nickelodeon Resort
- Giving my daughter an American Girl doll and then taking her and her doll to the store to get their hair and nails done, along with a new outfit
- Eating my dinner on Cheeky Home plates from their Memphis collection
- Spending a weekend at the Lotte New York Palace Hotel (under their Little Royals Package) so my daughter can pretend to be a real princess
- Having my daughter’s BFF’s spend the night with her in the Eloise at the Plaza Suite in The Plaza Hotel
- Oh and some new cute clothes and shoes would be nice, along with a day at the spa
Doesn’t that all sound so good right now? Sigh … Oh well, a girl can dream right? Now here’s what you’ve been waiting for:
Here’s 25 words you can use for your “word of the year” this year if you’re a millennial mom.
What’s your word of the year?
If you don’t have one yet, that’s totally fine, you can choose from one of the suggestions below. (I didn’t have one until a few days ago when I saw every other blogger in town posting about their word of the year, so yeah, I’m not here to judge. Lol)
- Still Standing
- Low Key
So, what makes you feel like a girl boss?
Comment below and let me know!
P.s – Before you go, if you haven’t already heard I’m giving away a $25 Fenty Beauty gift card this week right here on my blog. If you haven’t had a chance to enter my giveaway, you can do so today! Click this link for more details and to enter.
Thanks for reading!
Pin this for Later: